Some really great things have happened in the last 24 hours though. After work yesterday we got an email saying that someone bought something from the Hutch School Wish List--an LCD projector for the school, which was the most expensive item that they needed on the list. And last night I went to the University Presbyterian college worship service. I went in and introduced myself to the greeter girl at the door and then went in and stood awkwardly around by myself for a while. So I went back up to the girl I had met at the door and she introduced me to a girl who she said was in Seattle just for the summer too... and after I told her I was from Nashville I found out she was from there too!!! Actually, she is from Murfreesboro and goes to MTSU but we have a bunch of mutual friends and acquaintances. She has been here since mid-May and does not know many people and does not have a car either. We have so much in common and want to do a lot of the same things here like going to concerts, watching the amazing fireworks on 4th of July, going to the Mariners and Red Sox game, hiking, etc.... Her name is Maegan we are just so excited we actually met and get to hang out. Her roommate is coming in a couple weeks when my other friend Anna will be gone so I'll have people to hang out with then. And my roommate (and friend! :) ) Courtney is coming the weekend after that! I have so much to look forward to.
Today at camp we went to the Marriott hotel. They threw a birthday party for all the kids with May and June birthdays and included me, haha. The kids swam and then they gave us all cupcakes and birthday crowns and Mariners t-shirts.
After work and after the phone call this afternoon about the boys' dads, my boss and the other woman I work with went to get food at one of the restaurants within walking distance of the school. My boss actually lost her father from cancer when she was 11 years old also so we talked about that point in our lives and how our families coped with it. It is great to be able to talk about it with someone who has been in a similar situation.
Tonight, Anna, Maegan, and I went to a new restaurant in Ballard called Ocho. It is a tapas restaurant (tapas are Spain-inspired foods, kind of like mini appetizers). Anna and I both studied abroad in Spain last summer so we were really excited about this place. We all got sangria and got 6 different tapas to try which were so tasty and the meal altogether was so cheap. Then we went to this ice cream place called Molly Moon's which is all organic and everything is compostable and recycleable. I think Anna and Maegan have a lot in common too and its so great to think that we are all close and can visit eachother when we go back home. I definitely think its really cool how we all met and how we all came here this summer. It definitely feels like God has a hand in us all meeting.
Again, keep the boys from the school and their family in your prayers. And really all the kids at the summer camp this summer. Thanks so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment