So, it has been a long, long two days. In a good way. I feel like I flew to Europe yesterday from traveling for so long. I didn't think I would ever get there. After lugging 2 huge bags, an ungodly overpacked carry-on, getting lost between the airport and our hotel, and someone falling down the escalator (I won't name names...), my mom and I finally arrived at our downtown hotel last night around 1 a.m. (3 a.m. the time I am used to). Today I tried sleeping in but woke up at 9, which I guess was really 11 in my head. We spent the day driving around University of Washington and exploring. I found the bus stop I will be taking to work every day since I won't have a car out here and timed how far a walk it would be to the house I will be living in. Tonight we went to dinner with a girl I have a mutual friend with from Auburn University who is working out in Seattle this summer, too. I quickly figured out it will be such a blessing to have her here-- she is just like me, wanting to do and see everything! A lot of the events I have been reading about and restaurants I want to go to, she mentioned doing. And she knows a few girls out here near my age, so hopefully I won't have to be alone too much. After dinner with her I went to meet my new roommates and see the house I will be living in. The house is really, really cool. I think they said it was built in 1910's and has served as a sorority house at some point. There are a bunch of kids living there this summer, though I am still confused who will be there and when. Some people are going home and returning later, some are leaving for the summer, some are going to Europe, new ones are moving in. But I am sharing the basement with 2 girls, there are about 4-5 guys upstairs, and 4 girls total will be living there this summer. I have no idea what they thought of the new Southerner in their house but they were all extremely welcoming and very easy to talk to. My room is going to be a great space this summer. Its huge and the girl I am renting from is leaving a tv and dvd player for me! I brought my "Friends" dvd's (in case I got lonely) but I have a feeling I'll only need those if I get exhausted from all the exploring I plan on doing. I seriously don't think things could have been better today. Everything just seems meant to be. Tomorrow I am visiting a church that a girl from Nashville whose family lived in Seattle last summer told me about and then visiting an open-air market with my new friend from Auburn.
A few fun facts I learned today:
Dwight from "The Office" attended the drama school at University of Washington and one of my new roommates spotted him recently in Seattle... I might pee my pants if I get to see him.
Dave Matthews lives nearby and sometimes goes to the parks around where I live, but he's on tour so I doubt I'll get to see him.
There's a JIMMY JOHNS!!! (my favorite place to eat in Tuscaloosa, ha!)
I'm gonna try Thai and Indian food this summer.
I move into the house Monday. Monday is also registration day for the Hutch School and I get to go and meet the families and get a feel for everything. I am so glad I will have the opportunity to meet the families first-off, yet I have no clue how I will feel and what emotions it could bring. Can't wait for it though.
I love Seattle. I think I could live here for years and never get bored. Two months does not feel like long enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment